Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I lost track of my days...


The Sacred Valley

Today I had a free day with nothing to do. So I decided to head down to the Sacred Valley. It is a whole day event. It involves stopping in 3 different mountain town/Inca ruin areas. Pisac (great silver and textile market and ruins), Ollantaytambo, and Chinchero. I left at 0900 and got home at 1900. It was a long glorious day.

It really left me speechless actually. I don't think any words I write could really do it justice. It was insanely beautiful and majestic. The Andes are breathtaking. Just looking up at them, being near them, you can feel their power and energy.

I am so happy and feel so lucky to have seen what I saw today. And it wasn't just the ruins...the entire bus ride was gorgeous. There were indigenous people meandering through the hillside, making yarn, old men pulling bulls by a leash, little children playing in streams, the clouds, the sun, the rain, the patchwork fields...How many synonyms for beautiful can I come up with? Like I said...words or pictures will never do it justice. ever. come here. if you ever get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment