Thursday, January 6, 2011

Time Flies.

Tomorrow I fly home.

I have fallen so behind on writing what has transpired within the last couple weeks......

Not a word since I went to the jungle.

I don't even know where to begin. I fell in love with the Amazon Jungle. I trekked on top of the world on the Inca Trail. I experienced peace on Machu Picchu... I have laughed until tears come out of my eyeballs... I have met some seriously wonderful people. People I will remember forever that make your life that much more beautiful for having known them, even if for only a short time.

All I can say is what an amazing, life changing experience this journey has been. I have learned so much about myself... and people... and confirmed things I already believed in.

It is soooo good to meet like-minded people; To meet people who have new ideas; To exchange cultural nuances; To know that you are not alone in the world, wherever you go; That you can go anywhere... you can even go alone... and people are going to love you and take you into their worlds. I standby my belief that traveling alone is the best way to go if you want a life changing experience.

You create your life; your experiences; your happiness. And it's SO GOOD if you let it be and take risks.

I pierced my nose today. I just wanted to solidify what I have experienced and learned on this trip. So for me I guess it is a bit symbolic; like piercing it all into my being, my soul.

It's good.

I think later I will write about my experiences if it strikes me... or just keep them sacred in my heart and my journal. It's all yet to be determined. Such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment