Tuesday, December 14, 2010

in PERU...transit day

18 (how many hours I have been traveling so far) + 6 (how many hours I have left to endure) = 24 hrs in a car, on a plane, or waiting in an airport. At this very moment, I am sitting in the Lima airport, inhaling sweet aromas of coffee, and thieving internet.
My brand new passport, with a much better picture of myself (I have to mention that because my other one was just so horrible--I was 16 and awkward), has been devirginated. Peru has stamped it's welcome into it's fresh, clean, crisp pages... they say I can stay for 60 days...the thought of a stint in South America is enticing and if I wasn't in nursing school I would just disappear into a new life here.
It has been good travel so far. I had window seats on both flights. Got some good shut eye in. God forbid I am speaking to soon, as I have one more flight to catch to Cusco...but I have already met some nice people. Getting into the Espanol groove of things. All luggage is accounted for. One thing that is driving me crazy because I am so superstitous, in the dumbest way possible, is my encountering of the number 666....twice...I don't even believe in the devil. So why that freaks me out I don't really know. To yin yang that out I have also seen my lucky number several times. so there.

Magic Moments thus far?
1.) sliding up the shade on my airplane window to see the sunset over the ocean high above the clouds...it was the most lovely layering of ocean, clouds, and atmosphere I have ever seen. It took my breath away.
2.)feeling totally independent as I travel alone and kick ass at it
3.)meeting nice people, lunch with Crystal from school, talking about big dreams and the future.... (she was on my first flight--on her way to Belize)
4.)the comfort of sitting in a coffee shop listening to Jazz and Motown (funny considering a conversation I had last night) in Lima airport; since the past 4 months of my life has been studying in coffee shops, this is a sweet taste of home.
5.) realizing I am halfway done with nursing school
6.) watching the shadow of my plane as it landed in Houston
7.)the nicest text messages from my mom and friends ever. I am a lucky loved girl

Bring on the adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment