Friday, March 18, 2011

Grumpy Old Men


Can I just say how much I love old people?

I was studying at Coffee Garden today and it was packed as always. So, the cutest old guy in the whole world asked if he could share a table with me. How could I say no? He was adorable and wearing plaid. (I have a thing for plaid)

He sat down and started asking me how I felt about the U of U's sports and something about the pac 10. I was embarrassed to admit I didn't know much about it. So, then he asked me about Libya and Japan... I had tons to say. A wonderful conversation blossomed. Finally, someone with something worth while talking about....something other than themselves. It was truly refreshing...

Then his friend, another old man, came and sat at our table. Turns out he is an Anesthesiologist that has traveled all around the world, and done some work in Germany. We talked about traveling, nursing, and a lot of other things.

We talked about books going electronic....and how I can't stand the reading from an electronic medium. I told him I have to use all my senses when I read a book; touch, sight, smell, hearing the pages crinkle as you turn them. Turns out I am sentimental about books. My first friend Roger loved that. Wally was all about technology and the digitalization of our world... We talked about oil, simplifying life, glass eyes and going blind, and even burning shit for fuel.

It was the most interesting conversation I have had in a long time. I love old people.

No comments:

Post a Comment