Sunday, October 17, 2010

Epiphanies:or just remembering things you already knew but forgot


Some things the desert made me realize:

1- you should always Love without condition/attachment

2- How out of touch with nature I am. When I was little I used to live outdoors...riding my horse bareback in the mountains by myself, hiking in the mountains, sleeping under the stars all summer, camping, exploring...never was I afraid of anything!

Now I am older and always in the city....and even though I try to get out in the great wide open as much as possible, I am so out of touch with the natural world...the sounds...the animals...the feeling of being so small. The unknown summons fear, and I hate feeling afraid of something I used to love so much...I miss feeling connected with the animals, plants, water, air, night....now I feel like an old estranged lover coming back and expecting everything to be the way it was... the only solution is more exposure and time......

I wonder if my senses are just on overload...when I am camping or hiking I feel so many strong emotions at the same time....joy, awe, love, fear, happiness, peace...perhaps my senses that have been on the back burner are just coming alive again. That is a good thing.

3- I remembered how to listen to my heart...

4-We are not victims of circumstance, we create our lives....we are 100% responsible for the way our lives are and how we choose to view life...whether it is good or bad...positive or negative.

5-I am a tiny small dot in time in relation to existence and the universe...

No comments:

Post a Comment