Friday, October 22, 2010

Abuse

Took care of a girl last night that had gotten kicked full force in the ribs by her boyfriend of 5 years who also happened to be a UFC fighter. She was very pretty, tiny little thing. I am sure she could have her pick of other eligible guys....but she stays with this one.....I asked her if it had happened before or if this was the first time. She told me that he has hit her before, but that it's never been this bad as this time. I asked if he was going to be demoted to ex-boyfriend, and she said, "but we have been together for 5 years!"

When in God's name did the length of time you have been in a relationship with someone qualify you for continuing to stay with that person, even if the relationship isn't healthy or good for you???

Why do girls put up with so much bullshit from guys? They are just guys!?! Nothing special. Why do girls suffer so much to be with one guy? We give and give and give... and get cheated on, lied to, talked down to in return.

Are we really that afraid to be alone? I used to be...and I got out of a marriage that wasn't right...I got a divorce. Whoopty doo... 1/2 of America is doing it...it really sucked... and then life goes on... and now I love being single. I love my life more than I ever have... and I thank God every day I am still not in that relationship...it brought out the worst in me..even though I hurt my ex, and all families involved, and myself....I am really thankful for where I am today. I have traveled all over the world, earned 2 Bachelors degrees, grown so much as a person, grew into the person I wanted to be....and the doors keep opening to the future and I can walk through worry free, without getting crap from anyone else. If I had stayed all I see is a dark cloud over my life....me living for someone else...convincing myself I am happy because I don't' know anything different and I am too scared...the most haunting thing is that I envisioned myself as an old woman with a lot of regrets...and I wish I would have's...then you stay married for so long and have kids..you can get to a point where you are stuck....it's eerie but while you are in it you can't see it!!! That's what is even creepier!

Abuse doesn't have to be purely physical. It can be someone making you feel like shit over the smallest things, someone who holds you back, that makes you feel guilty for living your dreams, that beats you down and gets you so insecure so you will never leave, someone blatantly lying to your face, continuing to lie, someone who always puts his own wants and needs first, someone who doesn't respect you....or treat you with respect. Why would anyone want to stay in a relationship like that? I don't get it.

I get being alone is scary, it's scaring dating again, it's just scary...but everything always works out and life goes on... and usually you grow as a human being in leaps and bounds....and who you are blossoms into this lovely person without any hint of codependency or dependency on another boy for your identity.

Nothing is more pathetic to me than a girl who likes everything her partner likes, does only the things her partner does, doesn't have own opinions, and basically loses all the things that make her her own beautiful person. Every sentence begins with, "Me and ________ do this or think this...." What about YOU!!?!?!? WHo are you!? Guys don't find that attractive either... Even if he is the fill in the blank. It's crazy to me that we let guys do that to us.

Relationships take effort... I get it... But if they are really THAT difficult and complicated and blah blah blah... maybe you are in the wrong relationship. Wake up!

There are people who identify with struggling and being unhappy... they act like they are victims to circumstance when they have created everything in their life. And then they dwell on it for years... wait for some grandiose revelation about things that never comes...when they should just make a choice to change their attitude and be happy NOW...get rid of all the bad people and shit in their lives... and move on to the life they want. the NOW is all we have and all that matters...you fix the NOW you fix the future...

I think I made my point. Had to vent..... The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment