Friday, October 29, 2010

Biggest compliment in my life...

Last night I had my yearly employee evaluation. Things went really well. My boss, Terri, went down on through the list....saying whether I met the expectations or exceed expectations. I got two exceeds expectations or "high met" to get technical (which are really difficult to get). I was really happy about that. It is really validating to work so hard, and feel like it is at least acknowledged and appreciated.

I know my boss likes me alright...I do my job, I am on time, I stay out of trouble... She is very serious when she is on the floor and doesn't show much emotion. She is all business...and I really want her respect, but you definitely have to earn it from her... so when she got to the end of my evaluation where she gets to write in her opinion/comments of us I was completely surprised...

She told me that if she could clone me and my heart she would..and then she started crying and said that I am always so "nice", to everybody, that patients and coworkers love me, and that "who I am will touch lives beyond what I am able to understand"...and that even though I work in the ER, which so often ruins people, makes them cynical...I am still me and it's just who I am inside...and that I haven't lost who I am...and she wishes she could have that sometimes...

But the biggest thing she said to me was that "I was Jane Powers-esque"...

If you don't know who Jane Powers is... well... she is my hero... my nurse hero, my how to treat others hero, and how to live your life hero... Jane is a beautiful, walking, talking, bundle of light and love... her presence is powerful and she makes you feel like you are the most important, special person in the world. She treats EVERYONE (seriously EVERYONE) with so much compassion and love that is blows your mind. People love her. EVERYONE loves her...even people she just meets. she puts people at ease... she is always so POSITIVE...the ultimate optimist..she touches lives everyday just by being her... People look up to her... and people want to be her. She is always happy and smiling...she is always in the present moment... and she is amazing... I have written a paper about her before. she is so influential to me and everyone that knows her... AND SHE IS LIKE THAT EVERYDAY! I have never seen her not being a perfectly lovely human...she runs free medical clinics, she is a true humanitarian, and to even have someone put us in the same category/vicinity as her is probably the biggest, utmost important compliment in my life.

... someday I hope to be just like her...and Dr. Emam....(he is the boy version of Jane) ...even if I could be half of her.... that would be awesome and I would feel like I lived my life right.

No comments:

Post a Comment