Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Home


Home is where the heart is.

My first night back I went to my friends cabin in the mountains and experienced a major jam session. We were just hanging out by the fire.... and people started playing for a good few hours... then there was more hanging out. and sleep... but we had 2 banjos, 2 guitars, and a mandolin. It was beautiful. We were singing the good old stuff such as the Byrds and Bob Dylan....the Beatles....Neil Young.... and also Ryan Adams, Amos Lee....

These people were all so musically talented. Someone could just start playing and the other would feed off of them and join in adding their own spin on things. Emily, Tim, and Matt have voices of angels...BEAUTIFUL way to spend my first night home....6 ft of snow in the mountains in a beautiful cabin with great people. And a lot of laughs... especially at Jeremy in his cheetah pajamas (homeless jungle cat).

My first day of school was great too. I got to see all my friends. I sported my new Peruvian garb...gave away some bracelets from Peru. Got a lot of hugs. It was great.

After we went to Coffee Garden and Yoga. Then Ashley and I went to her house and made healthy food for the week and went for an awesome night walk where we came full circle with a really interesting, deep conversation about organized religion, sheltering, suffering, relationships, life. I wrote down songs for play lists and some good poetry she showed me.

Also, I started a vision board for what I want in my life this year. Thursday we are going to a documentary about Bob Dylan at Brewvies.

This is the good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment