Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I'm a real nurse!


I am starting to feel more and more like a real nurse and like I am coming into my role as a professional. Something clicked this week for me. I don't know if it was my preceptor or just experience as the semester has progressed (probably a good mixture of both), but I am feeling really good about nursing life. Turn me loose!!!!

My nurse this week let me take total control and I was telling HIM what to do. I totally took the lead. Lab values made sense, patho made sense, disease processes.... the nursing process.....my patients were more critical and my interest level peaked...I get so into the groove it's almost therapeutic rather than anxiety ridden now.

It's just all coming together and making sense!!! That feels sooo good.

I had a friend that has been traveling all over the world for 8 months ask me some medical advice.. I have noticed family and friends asking me more and more about symptoms they may be experiencing as well; it is really cool to really truly step into Nurse Natasha.

No comments:

Post a Comment